Saturday, January 19, 2013

Imagery

Imagery is very powerful in religion. In this blog I try to synthesize the beliefs of Buddhism and Christianity with words but it also needs to be done visually. Buddhist Christians can arrange Buddhist and Christian images and items together for their meditation space in a way that is personally meaningful. I have seen this done in a number of places. Even my Grandmother, who was a deeply devout anglican and would not have been comfortable with this blog, kept a very small statue of Guanyin, a female Chinese Buddha, known as the Goddess of Mercy, on her fireplace along with all of her Christian imagery. I asked her about it and she just said she liked it. I think she liked the sense of calm Buddhist peacefulness portrayed in the tiny statue. Here are two images from the web




1 comment:

  1. My leading is that the best of use of Buddhism is contained in the relationship of the Abrahamic faiths.

    ReplyDelete